Individual Contractor (IC) - GS-4
Human Rights, Transitional Justice and Rule of Law Division
Date of Issue:
07 December 2017
Deadline for applications:
15 December 2017
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply to the mentioned position
· Manages and updates internal databases and the shared drive; maintains electronic and paper files of the divisions;
· Provides assistance in the coordination with other UNSMIL divisions/units to ensure support is provided for the divisions’ meetings/ i.e. booking of VTC, conference rooms, liaising with security for smooth access of UNSMIL visitors, etc.;
· Performs a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave records, meeting organization, reservations, office supply and equipment orders, etc.);
· Prepares and processes administrative requests/documents (e.g. travel requests, movement of personnel, expense claims, vouchers, visa applications, etc.);
· Reports problems with personal computers and printers to CITS and ensures undisrupted workflow; and
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Professionalism: demonstrates the values of the UN in daily activities and behaviours. Acts without consideration of personal gain. Resists undue political pressure in decision-making. Does not abuse power or authority. Stands by decisions that are in the organizations’’ interest, even if they are unpopular. Takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Education: High school or equivalent diploma in public administration and/or management is required
Experience: 4 years of progressive experience in administration / office management or in general office support and / or related area.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the UN secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required, fluency in Arabic is highly desirable.
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY those applicants who are short-listed will be notified.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The necessity for ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity remain the paramount considerations in the employment of personnel. To ensure fairness and transparency, selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel.
This vacancy is open for Tunisian Nationals and Non-Tunisian nationals who have a valid work permit to work in Tunisia.
Women Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply to mentioned post.
HOW TO APPLY:
STEP 1: Interested applicants should submit the United Nations Personal History Form (P11) obtainable at the following web site: https://unsmil.unmissions.org/sites/default/files/p11-form.doc
STEP 2: Qualified candidate MUST submit his/her application with all the documents listed in STEP 1 by e-mail to email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and MUST include only the JO No. in the subject line of their e-mail (e.g. UNSMIL- IC-4-48/2017)