Serves as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to production and distribution. Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product’s lifecycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Advanced professional role with broad understanding of their area of expertise.
Resolves complex issues requiring in-depth knowledge and skills.
Exercises judgment in decision making, determines approach, methods and procedures to use on new assignments.
May coordinate and guide the work of others.
Career level professional individual contributor role.
Experienced, fully qualified professional with a full understanding of their area of expertise.
Works independently on problems of diverse scope.
Conduct various types of research and analysis to support business operations of an internal business segment, division, group or line of business. Assist management in resolving business issues in an effective and productive manner.
Design, document and re-engineer business processes and publish business metrics results. • Performs analyses of the business goals, objectives and needs of the general business environment for appropriate FIS segment, division, group or line of business.
• Performs research and analysis to support business operations and presents findings to manager or project leader.
• Plans and designs business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
• Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner.
• Identifies and implements best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
• Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/return on investment.
• Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
• Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics and identifies improvement opportunities.
• May train internal employees on changes to business practices, processes or procedures.
• May perform special projects upon request and on occasion.
• May provide coaching and/or guidance to less experienced Business Analysts.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.