CED Group is an European service provider for many insurers, property managers, corporates and governments. Its business consists on protecting and restoring value for the citizens all over 14 European countries. 1500 employees and experts are serving our customers all over Europe.
CED is a workplace where you can take initiative, where everyone encourages you to show what you can do, and where you build the future with your colleagues.
What does a Claims Team Leader do at CED ?
• To lead, manage and develop the Home Office Claims Unit. Attract and retain top talent, which delivers results in a high productivity environment; develop and maintain a high performance culture, which delivers industry leading Claims perfor
• Accomplishes department results by setting and communicating clear goals which are meaningful and have an impact on the company’s financial success; assessing individual performance; providing feedback on productivity and quality; coaching and training employees; conducting meetings; responding to inquiries.
• Maintains workflow by assuring prompt and accurate handling of assignments; corresponding with insureds, claimants and attorneys as necessary; attending mediations and trials; monitors severity and expenditures to determine potential high-risk claims exposures.
• Ensures adherence to Company policies and procedures by reviewing Claim Representative files for accuracy; follow company’s performance management processes; approving claims and requests above the pre-set authority limits; responding to Department of Insurance complaints; ensures legal compliance by documenting findings and recommendations.
• Maintains quality service by proactively communicating with staff, upper management and key personnel in various departments; responding to customer complaints in a timely manner.
• University degree required: Finance /Law/Civil Engineering /Architecture/Mechanic Engineering
• At least 3 years experience in claims handling .
• Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
• Appropriate jurisdictional experience required.
Other skills and abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must possess the ability to lead and motivate employees.
• Train, coach and teach others.
• Monitor and assess performance, providing feedback to the employees and supervisors on an ongoing basis.
• Efficiently manage own time and the time of others.
• Exercise objective judgment and critical decision-making.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify approaches and solutions to problems.
• Effective negotiating skills.
• Required behaviors for all positions:
• Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
• Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions