We are expanding our team and need someone who is versatile and passionate about technology to assist in building and supporting our cloud infrastructure and operations. The candidate is expected to provide repeatable solutions, delivery excellence and thought leadership for Bertsch Innovation's core products, mediacockpit and e-proCAT. As IT AWS Administrator, you should be able to execute architecture blueprints and bring planning to reality, build and configure environments, and create automated solutions. Finally, the candidate should be or become subject matter experts on AWS and cloud infrastructure and evangelize the latest technologies and tools to provide better efficiency and solutions to our teams in Tunisia and Germany.
The IT AWS Administrator will report directly to the CTO, and will have the following responsibilities:
- Setup and maintain and monitor various services and support tools, primarily on AWS
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Assist in the integration of new systems and tools into the technical support flow and infrastructure
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Drive troubleshooting and resolution tasks when necessary
- Liaise with other IT personnel, partners and customers for problem resolution,
- Train and assist in developing training material for internal teams working with the platform
- Maintain security, backup, monitoring and redundancy strategies
- Administer, monitor and tune SQL databases running on RDS and in EC2 containers
- Assist in the maintenance of the Linux hosts, Docker and Kubernetes environments for our production software.
How to Apply:
If you find that you are eligible and interested, please apply on Bertsch Innovation's website, under Job Opportunities.
This is a full-time position. Position may require on-call availability (compensated)
Please have your cover letter and resume ready, and indicate in your cover letter your unique skills and experiences. Please also describe in your cover letter how you would fit into the Bertsch Innovation position you are applying for.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience as an IT administrator with a primary responsibility of AWS and Linux systems
- Strong communication skills - written and spoken - in English or German.
- Experience of AWS platform includes proficiency in VPC, EC2, S3, ECS, and IAM
- Experience working with java application servers and web technologies in general. WildFly a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain technical documentation
- Prior experience running container-based environments
- Solid knowledge of Shell Scripting and command line management
- Knowledge of docker, docker-compose. kubernetes knowledge a plus.
- AWS certificates and cerficiations are a plus
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, OpsGenie and Microsoft Teams a plus.