Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can defeat poverty or any type of inequality or discrimination. We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development, and campaigning, in more than 90 countries. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values.
Oxfam is looking for a
Partnership Development Officer
Deadline for application :
24 August 2020
Tunis with frequent travel in and outside of Tunisia
Type of Appointment:
Type of Posting:
Gross Monthly Salary Scale:
Starting TND 3,846 Base salary (scale D1)
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Oxfam is implementing different projects related to Youth participation and employment, mainly focused on enhancing opportunities for decent jobs creation, sustainable private initiatives and youth led social enterprises. Reporting to the Program Manager, the Partnership Development Officer will be leading on developing and maintaining/improving strategic partnerships, building and managing strong collaborative networks across the organization with key staff as well as externally with public and private sector as well as CSOs, Think Tanks, research centers and all relevant stakeholders to support the program. The incumbent will be responsible in supporting organizational efforts (with influencing, communication, program, business development) in achieving the organizational objectives on operational partnership management with public and private sector as well as CSOs.
The position of Partnership Development Officer has three dimensions:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Transforming how Oxfam and partners think and behave in partnership
Building framework and tools:
Transforming how Oxfam and partners operate in partnership through the programme cycle
Project identification and design
Partnership capacity Self-Assessment for Oxfam staff
Partnership quality review - Oxfam and Partners relationship
Knowledge of languages
Working proficiency in English, French and Arabic are required.
A bachelor degree or higher qualification in international development, economics, politics, sociology or related field is desirable.
At least 2 years professional experience in building, managing and executing financial and non-financial partnerships with a non-profit organization or within the UN common system
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to multitask, to manage conflicting priorities and own schedule to achieve the objectives of the programme
• Capacity in identifying problems and providing solutions
• Takes responsibility for own work and delegated projects or processes and contributes to development of cross departmental initiatives
• Experience of working with National and/or Local partner organizations, and having an understanding of the challenges they face as well as a firm commitment and belief in the principle of working with partners
• A proven understanding of Human Rights and Gender Justice principles and the ability to put them into practice
• Ability to build strong, credible relationships with international and local NGOs, government entities and communities
• Strong writing and presentation skills and capacity to synthesize high volumes of information into key messages and to various audiences
• Good knowledge of program quality, MEAL and capacity building methodologies and approaches
• Strong representational and networking skills
• Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting gender equity and diversity and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work
• Proposal development skills and the ability to represent the organization to donors
• Proactively assumes more responsibility in more difficult areas of work in agreement with management
• Willingness to work after normal working hours or during weekends
If you are interested in this position, please use the 'apply' button. Your application must be received by 24 August 2020 at the latest. Please note that only applications received using the link provided can be taken into consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. People of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This vacancy is posted both internally and externally at the same time, however with equal suitability, the internal candidate is preferred. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.